"Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it.
Others try to hide their beauty because they want the world to see something else."



Monday, September 27, 2010

self and society part 2

Life is full of unsuspected and connected events that are, for the most part, impossible to describe. Some brilliant authors are able to translate the emotions that were felt on paper so accurately that one can confuse the memory as their own. This is usually succeeded through describing information relating to the five senses. It allows the author to take the reader to their memories, or at least the part of memories that the author wishes to reveal. Although many memories might be shared and however much the reader might empathize with the story, the reader will never know the true impact of the event to the author. As I said before, life is connected by events, and it is impossible to share every connected detail with someone who has not been there. Only I can know the true the amount of sadness when my sister refused to buy me the Coach wallet that I begged for me, because they do not know that she usually gets me whatever I ask. Nor will anyone understand how I was not surprised at all when she actually did walk into the Coach store bought it on the spot the following week. These stories and emotions can never be fully interpreted to other people, however it is the job of the author to try and get the memory close to the actual story.

No comments:

Post a Comment