"Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it.
Others try to hide their beauty because they want the world to see something else."



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Procrastination.....

Sweat, heat, my face feels flushed. My whole body temperature seems to have gone up about 1000 degrees. There is a pain, like a large rock jammed in my chest and I take deep breaths as if trying to grasp it from my throat and pull it out. I get chills from my hands, through my shoulders, and to my face. I wrap my arms around my shoulders to stop the chills, hoping that the cold is what causes it. I’m nervous and scared, and it feels like there is no solution that can save me. All the schoolwork that is piled up, that could have been completed weeks ago, but foolishly left to be done last minute is now coming back to haunt me. The thought of having such a large workload to be finished in such a short time makes me more nervous. As I think about my nervousness, I continue to ignore the pile of assignments yet to be done. As I sit in the lounge pretending to do work each night, I regret every morning when the workload seems to increase. It’s as if someone is counting down seconds to the horse race, and you are the jockey, continuously jumpy, waiting to rush out of the gate. Procrastination is my worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment