"Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it.
Others try to hide their beauty because they want the world to see something else."



Monday, December 6, 2010

Beary

9:00-10:20 am
Analysis Essay
My most treasured inanimate object in this whole world is something I call Beary. She is twelve inches of soft snow-white adorable plush. Her beady eyes, pink heart shaped nose, and her permanent sitting position is the only familiar thing from my past that brings me comfort. 
I was five years old and my family and I went to a diner to eat one late night. As soon as I saw her in box of the claw game, I knew I wanted her. I put in twenty-five cents and led the gigantic metal claw right towards her. The claw wrapped around her perfectly and dropped her into the shoot. Soon she was cuddled in my arms. My brilliantly large vocabulary thought to name her Beary. Beary originally came with her arms attached to a red heart shaped pillow that bore the beautiful phrase "I Love You." My small fingers constantly squeezed the pillow whenever I was scared or nervous. She is the first and only thing that I ever won in a claw game. The precision and caution it took to win her could never be matched by any other five year old. As soon as she fell into my arms I jumped for joy and ran into my dad's arm. He lifted me up and patted my head. He chuckled and told me "good job." I giggled as I swung my new bear around and showed her off to my sister. It was one of my happiest days and one of my happiest childhood memories. Even today, Beary gets her own space on my desk, she has never seen the inside of a travel bag, she is forbidden from getting dusty, and she will never be thrown away. Beary has been there longer than anyone else and she brings me comfort in times of stress,

No comments:

Post a Comment